Earlier in 2018, we were delighted to become the only official dealer of Compass caravans in the local area. The tourers are not only renowned for providing a real home from home feel with their high specification and internal luxury, but also a superior build quality thanks to their SoLiD Construction technology.
But what does that mean? Find out more below.
SoLiD in name, SoLiD in nature
Over five years of intensive development went into creating the SoLiD Construction technology and it’s now in its sixth year of production.
Working alongside Henkel, leaders in structural bonding, Compass’ initial testing phase saw a two-berth caravan put through its paces by being ‘thrown’ around car parks and driven up kerbs. Interestingly, that tourer is still intact and still used for other testing purposes.
Tests also saw tourers being driven in all weather conditions and on the Ford track at Lommel in Belgium – which is generally used to test the durability of cars, trucks, and military and commercial vehicles.
A three pronged attack
Strong, light and dry, are the three guarantees SoLiD Construction offers:
- Strong – By spreading stresses and strains across all joints, Compass caravans are more rigid and have increased integrity.
- Light – A chemical bonding system is an industry-first for touring caravans. It’s a system that is used in the aviation and motor industries and means that all tourers are not only stronger, but also lighter.
- Dry – the SoLiD Construction bonding system means that 95% fewer exterior screws are used, helping to create an impenetrable barrier to water.
This three-pronged construction attack helps to cement Compass’ position as leaders in the production of touring caravans.
We are fully aware that purchasing a caravan is not something you are going to do every year and is a luxury that should give you pleasure for many years to come.
Thanks to the SoLiD Construction technology setting an unparalleled benchmark for tourer production, all Compass Caravans come two long-term guarantees on the day a new caravan:
- Three Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Ten Year Water Ingress and Body Integrity Warranty
This gives you the peace of mind that you’ll be able to enjoy countless adventures.
View our Compass range
At our Southwater showground, we have a wide range of Compass Caravans available to view in different lengths, widths and internal finishings. We welcome visitors to have a look around and our team of experts are on hand to answer question and help you choose the right tourer for you.